Friday 27 December 2013

st. germain fizz

Every Sunday dinner my family expects me to mix up a pre-dinner cocktail. Holidays are no exception + for Christmas I decided to pop open my first bottle of St. Germain. This light, fizzy + simple bevi was a total hit so I feel the need to share it. This cocktail would also work perfectly for New Years (or a Monday that needs perking).
1oz st. germain
1 oz gin
ginger ale
lime
pomegranate
riming sugar

To rim your glass, start by squeezing some lime juice into a shallow plate. Pour your sugar into another shallow plate. I used red rimming sugar for a festive touch, but regular sugar will do just fine. Dip your glass in the lime juice, then the sugar. Your glass is now rimmed!
Pour the St. Germain + gin into your glass and top with ginger ale. Add lime + a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds. 
I had my libations in the freezer so the drink was cold enough, but if your drink isn't ice cold, fill your glass with ice before pouring in your delicious liquids. I also recommend using a cocktail glass instead of a flute if adding ice.
Serve up + cheers to good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment